Old 02-10-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Evening all,
Hope everyone is going well and staying strong. I've just been to a great steps meeting- always come back so pumped and recommitted to my sobriety...
Almost finished my 31st day.. This is the first time I've done recovery properly... In the past I may come and post on sober recovery now and then but I've never put any other support networks in place...
For the first time in my life I can actually feel confident that I can stay sober and live a fabulous life..I've got a great sponsor, I'm making so many friends through my various AA meetings and I have all of you here too. My boys have noticed a difference in my moods. I always thought that I was upbeat anyway but they said I'm more patient and less snappy!! That's a good thing.
I'm starting to notice and appreciate the little things, a great coffee, the sounds of the waves at night from my back yard, and the world seems brighter(as cliched as it sounds)
Sorry about the long rambling post but I just wanted to share the great headspace I'm in right now. Even the drinking dreams can't dampen my spirits- We are a great support network and I'm grateful to be a part of the Class of January xx
That's so great! Yay you.

(And seriously, waves at the end of your yard? JEALOUS!!)