View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Marcher13

Good morning Marchers from another lovely day in Paradise, the sky is a cloudless blue, the sun is shining down 27C and the humidity is down. Perfect!

Ken what a plan -- a scarf for you! I'll put that to the knitresses (as Mr Marcher calls them) as a possible project. Love it.

Babs those drinking dreams can seem awfully real can't they? I find my mind shouting "No no you don't drink anymore" but it makes no difference to the dream. However I think that it's some sort of evidence that our brains are learning new behaviour.

Trachy I loved looking up "granite monadnock ", it took me back decades, I'm not sure if it took me back to schooldays or early teaching days but it was a long time ago.

The granite monadnock is a isolated mountain composed of resistant rock surrounded by a peneplain. Now a hundred million years ago I knew what a peneplain was but it escapes me right now. There actually is a Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire.

There are other monadnocks as well, there is a particular mention of some in Georgia (yours?) which have an isolated species of Coreopis. I am such a nerd that I could go on and on about this but as half of you are asleep now I'll shut up.

How's that Trachy?

Have a good day all.