View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
amy55

WTBH,

I must say that your confidence level seems so much better today. Good for you.

Terrific advice from your attorney. I also have a terrific attorney. My issues are different then yours, it had to do with a pension division and alimony. This would have been a little more difficult to have the judge approve a motion for contempt of court. My lawyer told me that since I do know how to do those computations, to just keep responding to things that the way he wanted it done was not according to the divorce decree, and to say it enough times (nicely), and save all the proof for her, so that if we needed to go to court that she would have a definite "win".

You are dealing with child support. Research arrears on child support, you will be surprised. Courts hate deadbeat dads. I would also have the information with you about the braces for your daughter.

I think you have done really well covering the visitation. "The court papers say that we exchange at the police station, I have no objection to this. "

The phone call ---- "My daughters have a cell phone so that he can call them, or they can call him. I do not want him calling my phone".

I do know how hard this is to change your automatic response to him. We needed to do that for so long, just for survival. You don't need to do that anymore. NO MORE "JADE". (justify, argue, defend, explain). From now on practice "BIFF" (brief, informative, facts, friendly) I know that "friendly" part really gets to me, but I just look at it as "formal", meaning do not use vulgarity.

Most of the states that I researched about child support state that if one payment is more then 15 days in arrears, you can be held in contempt of court. Research your state.

Knowledge = power.

You have that power, and once you start to exercise it, you're going to feel like a million bucks.

You are no longer living the life that you had with him, your life is so much better now.

Get that word "can't" out of your vocabulary. You can, and you will win this.

You have many friends in your corner for you. "You will do this, and you will win this.

I also like the idea of asking for your wages for that day. I think that fits right in with the indemnification clause in your divorce papers.

I do know that you don't like the idea of going to court, but, he brought this on himself, and you will find out that court can be your friend. It may or may not happen this time, (I think it will happen this time), but eventually he is really going to **** off that judge. Just need to give him enough rope to hang himself.

Again, wanted to just tell you that the difference in you from yesterday to today is remarkable. Keep going girl, you got this.

((((((hugs)))))
amy