View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
One suggestion for court--see if you can find an app that allows you to download/print out text messages. You might have to show the court your phone, but having the texts printed out will make it something that can be marked as an exhibit. The court can compare what's on your phone to the printout, and once the judge sees it's the same, the printout can be part of the court record. You will get brownie points for being prepared and making the court's job easier.

Make sure you print out ALL of the relevant texts between the two of you--don't leave out those that you think don't look so good for you. That will get you brownie points for being trustworthy and credible.
I have taken screen shots of them and printed them in the past and brought them to court. Of course he then had his lawyer argue that they do not show the entirety of the text record... And then I offered to give the judge my phone and the copies of the texts were allowed.

I also have the emails printed. xAH tried to argue a year ago (when an email was presented to show that he had admitted to being drunk after driving with the kids), that I "fabricated" the email.

The email was a reply from HIS email to me and he looked like an idiot to the court.

So, I guess, fortunately, I have had experience of needing to have things printed for court and I plan to ask for him to have to pay for the time I will take off of work to be in court since the final decree says that anyone NOT following the court order is responsible for all costs associated with enforcing it.