View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
H group mtg was great not coz I got picked on to share but being around people haven't seen in a while due to blizzard couple wks ago. Btw, thanks SL for asking how I am;most of it has melted away & just wanted pedestrian paths clear but snow ploughs were removing snow from roads & dumping on paths! Ok enuf complaint....what I shared was what happened on 1/10: my spiritual awakening @ work of all places. Was sitting on conveyor belt @ slow time when all around me was the almost tangible presence of God!! Been listening to Sandy B tape-AA tomorrow & he says that we can stay sober just by doing the steps, service work & energy that's in big mtgs But there's a piece that people miss out like in a puzzle & that is conscious contact with Him. The funny thing is that this is all coming from a guy who was agnostic before he sobered up. Anyway, continues to say we were all looking for God @ bottom of whiskey bottle. That was absolutely me ie been a Christian since high sch but still felt empty when drank & three yrs sober! Its about a six hr tape broken up in sessions obviously but I Highly recommend to all & listen. I have never been this peaceful & joyous in my life. Don't get me wrong;life still happens but I use the tools & not just say them ie the Word, literature etc
24 mo of sobriety pls

Very, very nice, 1new; thanks so much for this.