View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
H group mtg was great not coz I got picked on to share but being around people haven't seen in a while due to blizzard couple wks ago. Btw, thanks SL for asking how I am;most of it has melted away & just wanted pedestrian paths clear but snow ploughs were removing snow from roads & dumping on paths! Ok enuf complaint....what I shared was what happened on 1/10: my spiritual awakening @ work of all places. Was sitting on conveyor belt @ slow time when all around me was the almost tangible presence of God!! Been listening to Sandy B tape-AA tomorrow & he says that we can stay sober just by doing the steps, service work & energy that's in big mtgs But there's a piece that people miss out like in a puzzle & that is conscious contact with Him. The funny thing is that this is all coming from a guy who was agnostic before he sobered up. Anyway, continues to say we were all looking for God @ bottom of whiskey bottle. That was absolutely me ie been a Christian since high sch but still felt empty when drank & three yrs sober! Its about a six hr tape broken up in sessions obviously but I Highly recommend to all & listen. I have never been this peaceful & joyous in my life. Don't get me wrong;life still happens but I use the tools & not just say them ie the Word, literature etc
24 mo of sobriety pls
There is nothing more joyous than sharing sobriety with Who gives it to us. Am so happy for you. These past 2 years of sobriety have been the happiest years of my life. It gets better everyday. I wish everyone of us here to experience it. He gets us through the good and the bad. His constant presence is awesome.