View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
amy55

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
The idea of fighting and fighting back hard and "tightening the noose" and trusting that he will be held accountable and NOT able to retaliate against me, well, it's all foreign to me.

My whole life, even as a kid, when I have tried to fight back, Ive always been pushed back... it is really hard for me to trust and believe that what is right and truthful will prevail...

So, I think history has had a lot of influence over my allowing xAH to get away with so much... and I just thought too that a wide berth might make him leave me be eventually, but clearly not!
Hey, I was like this also. I still can't believe my ex backed off of me. I was always a "too nice of a person". I don't know if that can actually be classified as co-dependent. In some ways yes, in some ways no. I didn't really fit that. But, whatever. It doesn't matter. Now is when you take a stand for yourself.

Did you read my standard email to my ex? I think you did. I think you did good on your email to your ex.

Now------- You are going to have a lot of emotions. Anger, Sadness, Raging, Depression, etc....... Please do not email him. We are here for you.

Fighting. I never knew how to do that. You know PTSD is fight or flight reaction. I almost always took the flight. But then I started to fight. That's when I had to leave.

WTBH, you are really a nice person, I respect that. I was also. But the thing is, people walk all over us. It was hard for me to find my voice, but I did. I think since you sent him that email, you might be starting to find your own.

It does get easier, and the good thing is, you have, lots of friends. Please do not make any mistakes of responding to him without fielding it to us. I made that mistake, and it was not pretty.

amy