View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
That is it in a nutshell. That is his plan. You dared to actually leave and divorce him. You must be punished for that, and if it means hurting the girls in the process so be it. He only cares about his pride and his ego and you have damaged both by standing up for yourself.

I agree with the others. You have the paperwork laying out how things were to be done. You have him, in writing, saying he refuses to follow the Court orders. You have documentation of every vile thing he has been doing. Gather up all that stuff and take it with you to court. I know it is scary. I had the nerve to divorce my daughter's father and he made my life (and her life, and she was only a baby) hell for the next 10 years, but once he found out I wasn't going to play his game, and that every time he tried to drag me into court, I won, he finally stopped trying to use the courts to intimidate me.

The rest was gravy and he eventually slithered away.
The irony of my thinking that if I settled I would somehow give up the ability to ever let the court know his true colors... I certainly did not predict that within 3 weeks he would be handing me the opportunity to let the court know all that info anyway...

His attempts to use the court to scare me has worked for a long time. It is scary to have 30 min to defend ones self against lies.... And he is definitely punishing me for "daring" to leave him... and "daring" to hold him to a clear parenting plan that says his drunken antics WON'T be ignored...

Thank you all for your support and experience sharing and encouragement...

I was really close to going off the deep end this morning.... Thank you ALL for talking me off that ledge!