View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

(((((Hugs))))), WTBH. I understand completely how nerve-wracking this. I'll be a 'pocket-rider' for support -- I'm sure quite a lot of us SR F&F will -- so you don't feel quite so alone.

Like you and the others have said, WTBH, you have the facts and truth on your side. You were trying to follow the parenting plan. He was trying to manipulate and control you still. Just because you said OK that you understood what he was saying, does NOT mean that you said OK to his changing the plans. You stated you were continuing to follow the plan laid out by the court and a reasonable person would have heard that. He is not a reasonable person. I trust that the judge will be able to see that in his behavior and this motion as well.

And the calls... well, the frequency at which he's calling is unreasonable as well. It interferes with your life and it interferes with the kids' lives and their ability to take care of their homework or activities. You haven't taken their phones away from them - which is what AXH did when DS was with him until he was told to stop - so you _aren't_ blocking his ability to call them.

I'm sorry that your weekend was so rough. I also understand how you could get wrapped up into trying to defend yourself with him. It took a lot of work for me to not go into that mode with AXH. And sometimes, I still have to fight the urge to defend myself with him. It was part of why I had my sister review e-mails and ran stuff by her or friends before responding to him for a while. They'd very bluntly point out that I don't need to explain why; all I had to say was that I was sticking to the plan and leave it there. He's never going to acknowledge how unreasonable he is, because in his mind he is entitled to do what ever he wants to do and you're not entitled to a life without him.

AXH hated the rules about his visitations with DS; all he really wanted was to be able to show up whenever he felt like it and it ended up coming out loud and clear for the judge to hear. It was so nice to hear him (the judge) tell AXH, "No, I'm telling you the way it's going to be. There's nothing to 'work out' with TU. She'll be able to take this plan to the bank."

BTW, I also absolutely dislike calling him "my" AXH, too. He's not 'mine' and I really don't wish to claim him. He's just AXH, now. (And what what "A" stands for sometimes changes - which is the nice thing about acronyms: what is sometimes quite colorful language doesn't actually come across.)