View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
amy55

WTBH,

You are a very strong person, and you can do this. No more trying to explain things to him. We have always tried to be reasonable, responsible people, but that doesn't work with a mentally disordered person.

I was fighting with my ex from July 2014 to present. Whenever he starts up on me again, I have a standard email that I send him.

This is it ----------------------------------------

Please review your divorce decree, specifically, article X on page 16. Counsel fees. It states:
" Should either party fail to abide by the terms of this Agreement, then the defaulting party will indemnify and hold the other harmless for all reasonable expenses and costs including attorney's fees and disbursements incurred in successfully enforcing this Agreement".

This means that if I need to get an attorney you will be held responsible to pay my attorney fees, if I file a motion for contempt of court, and this motion is approved by the judge. Contempt of court also means that if you do not satisfy the Divorce Agreement, that a bench warrant can be served.

You are asking me to not follow the divorce decree, and to do things your way. This I am unable to do. If you want to change the court order then you can file a motion for modification of the divorce decree, and if you are awarded that, then I will strickly adhere to the modified divorce decree.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Respectfully,
amy55

Let him know that you are not afraid of court.

Best Wishes and many hugs being sent to you.

amy