View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post

It is not that he will become reasonable about visitation rules if you "cave"....he will just shift to another issue to see if he can upset you apple cart....

This, this, a million times this. When I split from my first husband (who was not an A, but had plenty of emotional issues at the time), he did this same thing to me--constantly dragging me into court for the most ridiculous stuff. It did not help that his lawyer was primarily a personal injury lawyer, who took a "scorched earth" approach to our case. She also figured out pretty early on that XH's rich parents were paying the bills, so she convinced them all that they had a reasonable chance of success with everything they filed. Ultimately, the judge DID give XH and his awful attorney the smack down in court, and as soon as XH's parents realized how they were wasting money, they clipped the purse strings.

WTBH, is there someone else you can text or call when you feel overwhelmed? That is what I did when I felt compelled to text someone who was abusing me. It was very, very hard at first, but got easier over time.