Old 02-08-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
bandicoot2
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning everyone!

Nic - Wow, someone is looking out for you....So glad that store was closed and you didn't take that one first drink again! I remember one of your early posts and how heart wrenching it was for you to hear from one of your boys that he really wanted you to Stop drinking. Good for you--you are doing this for you and for your boys! Stay strong and use all your tools

MAV & Sunflower - For the last week I've been waking up to a headache. Not sure what's going on, maybe more detox? It seems odd at this stage - Day 39, but maybe not considering the beating my body and liver took for so long. Do you take anything for your headaches?

Lulu- Good luck with your NYC interview....SOBER YOU will do great! Please keep us posted!
In a recent interview process, I landed in the top 2 and they went with the other candidate. I was disappointed but after talking about it with close friends and my long time sober brother, we all agreed it was for the best as work stress is one of my triggers. This gives me more time to build my sober muscles and I know a top job is out there just waiting for me.

Hiya charliesworld! Good to see you here posting! You'll do fine if you stick with your plan...it's just another event and it will only last for a few hours. If offered a drink, just say No thanks or I'll have a diet whatever or sparkling water please. Since starting my sobriety journey I've slogged through at least 3 major social events (all involving large amounts of alcohol) and it's become somewhat of a game to watch how other people change as they drink. Plus you'll wake up the next day feeling good, remember everything that happened and be the designated driver. All good stuff!

Congrats on everyone's milestones today! And thanks for being here---SR and our Jan. class is a huge part of my recovery�� Wishing everyone a great Sober day!