Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
charliesworld

Hi - I'm not sure anyone will remember me but I was one of the first joiners on here. Last drink was the early hours of new years eve so I actually saw the new year in sober and so far haven't touched a drop. I do come on here every few days and read through the posts - see how everyone is doing. I was struggling a couple of weeks ago. I was really low and eating loads of crappy food. I put on a few pounds in January which I was so annoyed at myself about. I always turn to things in excess and once the alcohol has gone it's food.

Anyway I'm trying to be good today and have got a healthy tea planned. I'm trying to get back into running and am dying to get outside but anyone living in the UK will know how cr*p the weather has been this year. It's just awful. I went out for a run on friday last week and it was a waste of time it was just too muddy. I can't wait for the lighter nights and dryer weather to come back.

I have an issue this weekend. I have a party to go to that I can't get out of. It's fancy dress which makes me uncomfortable anyway. My OH will be wanting me to have a drink - it doesn't always turn into a binge for me and we rarely go out as a couple. I can drive which will save us money but I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Blimey look at the time - I have to pick the kids up lol.