Thread: Needing Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CL1001

Thank You! One last question

Hi all, thank you so much for your responses! I am happy with my location- I am much closer to my family. I am sometimes happy with this job but I feel like you have ups and downs anywhere.

I will absolutely keep everything you all said in mind when I'm feeling down- it's nice to know that other people understand.

I have one last question for you all. I would appreciate you opinion and insight:
I was talking to my friend yesterday (she is engaged to my ex-BF's friend) just to see how she was doing. Anyway, we got on the subject of him and she said she hadn't seen him but probably would as they were all going to a superbowl party. She texted me while she was at the party and said that he wasn't drinking and was just being super mellow.

I was so happy to hear that but then I started worrying- was I doing something wrong while we were together that he continued to drink? Is he truly better off without me? It just really really hurts and is so CONFUSING that he kept drinking while I was out there, trying to love and support him, and even after I moved away it continues. Now that he broke up with me he seems to have better control.

I also texted his parents just to see how they were (we are close as my exBF and I dated for 7 years) and i did ask how he was doing. They were both a little rude and now I'm wondering if they blame me?

I'm just really confused and upset and was hoping for a little insight.

Thank you so much!