Old 02-07-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Nic233

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thump- glad you rode the wave of emotions yesterday and made it out okay. I also love the serenity prayer and you are right, it can be applied to so many things in our lives. I think hurt and pain almost always comes from feeling helpless and like we don't have control over situations in our lives. Once we can let go of that, and start asking for and expecting greater things, the Universe opens up to even bigger possibilities.
At the same time, I think in early sobriety we have so much going on emotionally, we need to remember not to be so hard on ourselves. What we are doing is HUGE! Hope today is a better day for you

Strongbird- How was the gym? I love what you wrote, I did the same thing a few months ago- bought a 3 pack kickboxing class but haven't gone because I didn't want to be the "least in shape one" in class. Ha!! Our AV is hilarious. I started reading RR yesterday and low how it can be applied to our food beast. If you want an accountability partner, I can be there for you! I commit to 5 workouts this week! Let's do it

Odelle
- I like having the list for sobriety dates or even just birthdays Oh, and congrats on your 30 days!! I ate a pint of ice cream the other day and it was amazing, no guilt! I can't imagine having a spouse who works 7 days a week- that is rough! Has it always been this way? Any hobbies you want to pick up that would fill in the time?

Nic- congrats on 4 weeks!

Sandy- glad you are feeling well! I love cooking as well, glad your stew turned out well!
Thanks SUnflower xxx