Old 02-07-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by illi1111 View Post
Hi All! So today is Super Bowl Sunday... And I will not be going to the party. It's the first time in the 14 years my husband and I have been together. My feelings are mixed about the whole thing. I'm feeling strong in my sobriety but not strong enough to face that situation. I'm proud that I realize this, but really sad that I'm missing out. Geez writing this is making me cry. I'm not sad about missing out on the booze and pot brownies. I guess it's the feeling that if I went I couldn't control my addiction. Next year I guess... Hope you all have a safe and sober Sunday
You are doing a great thing Illi. You know it will be tempting and there is no reason to put yourself in a situation like that. How does your husband feel about it? I hope he is being supportive. I suppose we are going to be faced with a lot of situations like these in the months to come. I have a feeling it will get easier with practice but right now you have every right to be upset about it. Just let yourself go through the emotions.

I do hope you can find a way to enjoy your evening. How about soaking your feet while you watch the game and then giving yourself a pedicure? I did this a while back with some Epsom salts and essential oils. It was so relaxing!