Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
StrongBird
On the road of happy destiny

I went to the gym yesterday and it was fantastic!

I got really into running a few years ago and did several half marathons (13.1 miles, 21 kilometers). That's a great distance because it taps into your endurance without completely zapping you and without taking all day to train for. I decided to do a full marathon in October 2014 and I swear, it broke me. I had so many nagging little overuse injuries and I really grew to resent the time commitment. I actually drank a month afterwards because I felt like I deserved it!

Anyway, I will get back to running someday but yesterday, I just did the elliptical and weights. I went with a friend and we both felt so great afterwards!

I'm going to try to go 2-3 times a week. I can't go more - my gym doesn't have childcare, but my pre-teen daughter isn't old enough to come in with me. So I can only go when she's at her father's house. But she'll do workout videos sometimes, and she'll definitely walk to the playground with me! Baby steps. It feels good to be excited about working out again, instead of just feeling guilty that I'm too hungover to workout and I'm going to eat McDonalds. Never again!

Sun, I'd love an accountability partner! Let's do this!