Thread: Year of Lexie
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by BDG4488 View Post
I have done Southeast Asia a couple of times and found it very cheap. Not sure which country you have your sights set on, but both Thailand and Cambodia are beautiful and extremely reasonable.
Actually, the trip I'm thinking of taking is Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. It's 19 days, and run by the same company I did the Morocco trip with last year--they were AWESOME. Very heavy on local cultural stuff--meals with local families, etc. I have a friend that's possibly interested in doing that with me but if she decides not to, I have no problem going alone. I hadn't traveled out of the country (except for Canada/Mexico) until three years ago. I went to Spain COMPLETELY on my own, and to Fiji on a work-related trip. Each trip I get a little more savvy, but for right now I'm finding the small group travel a bit less stressful. I loved Spain and managed fine, but I did waste a lot of time figuring stuff out that would have been simpler if I'd had someone to help. Travel is one of those things you just have to DO, I think, to get good at it.