Old 02-06-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
Av came out hard this week. Drank Wednesday and then last night. Wednesday was fine, last night wasn't, but not bc of me being drunk. My marriage is really suffering bc my husband thinks I don't care about him (long story) I do care and I'm feeling frustrated and very sad. We got in a fight last night, but instead of staying out and drinking more, I went home to bed. So I'm happy I did that. Staying sober today. I'm young, 30, and my husbands 28 and I just don't think we're ready for marriage. He's always mad at me. Thanks for listening.
I'm happy you went home too- that is a huge step, choosing something different than to continue drinking which was probably your go-to in the past for dealing with these types of arguments.

I'm sorry you are having troubles in your marriage. Would he be open to counseling? DH and I have tried it in the past and it certainly helps. We are currently doing an online program because we can't afford therapy. Let me know if you'd like the name of it, I can send you a link.
Hope you have a good weekend and I hope you and your husband can sit down and clear the air...

I also hope you can find a way to stay sober. Are you reading any material on sobriety? Attending any meetings? Do you have support? I just started reading RR this morning and it's a great book so far. Please do yourself a favor and make a plan, we want to see you succeed and I am sure you want that for yourself as well.