Old 02-05-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
SandyO

Good morning everyone. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Sunflower. We can ride through the rough times to really appreciate the good moments. So happy you are enjoying your day. It really is a struggle early on as we start to unravel ourselves. My number one recent issue and stress was my drinking. Now that it has stopped all the other emotions good and bad are coming to surface. I can really appreciate and enjoy the good feelings and deal with the bad a little better. I've also noticed the bad feelings don't seem to last as long because I'm not beating myself up about not being present in my life. It turns out I can be grumpy and a b***ch while sober too!!
Nic, I hope you've had a better nights sleep. I have the sleepy tea before bed and started listening to a guided sleep mediation on YouTube as I doze off. It seems to be working for me at the moment.
Lucky day 13 today. I read my post from last June when I was at this stage. I haven't lost the weight and I don't look as fresh as I did back then. Oh well, it was summer and I had to work really hard early on to keep myself busy. Also, I relapsed after 30 days so not being in the same place is fine with me.
I will join many of you in the fight to lose weight. I've never been on a diet before. I thought I might start counting calories just to see exactly what I am eating. I've never thought about it before. I have a dance recital coming up at the end of the month. I do flamenco as a hobby. I am bigger than the rest of the ladies already. Back home in oz, I'm of normal weight (size 12, although leaning towards 14 atm) and a little short. Here I am tall, fat with a big nose! I know we are just physically different but I still look like a whale compared to the others. Anyways, need to lose more weight so I can feel better about myself. Instead of the gym today, I'll get up on the roof to shovel some ( a lot) of snow.
Hope you all have a great sober day.