View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Mia83

[QUOTE=ProudPenguin;5780916]Had an awful day today . I don't know if I'm wrong thinking I'm an alcoholic, or am I right . I don't know if it's only cravings that makes my think this way or some sort of thing that everyone goes through? Or maybe I'm not ready ? I truly don't know what's going on in my head , I feel like I'm being convinced I'm not an alcoholic. What to do ?[/QUOTE

I've got the same kind of thought process- because I don't drink on a daily basis I somehow convince myself I'm not 'that bad' the thing is when I do drink, it's to absolute excess. I suffer constant blackouts and that's nowhere near the worst of it. I lose total control of myself and it's really scary. When I've talked about how I feel to people a lot have said 'oh you don't have a problem, you should hear what I've gotten up to when drunk' etc. Which then arms your AV with some power!i genuinely wish I could go out and have a great time with my friends and have a few drinks and enjoy myself but that's just not possible for me I know I have to stop altogether. You know better than anyone how alcohol affects you, but clearly something is making you question your relationship with alcohol. Hope you find a bit of guidance