View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
InParticular

Itchy thanks for that link I'll dig into it when I have a little less on my mind!
Last day at work, the shock is over, the depression is over, and now I'm just really overwhelmed with my choices.
I have a job interview next week for an editor position at a little paper in the rocky mountains. Since I've been longing to get back to mountain climbing again this could be a good thing. I've had some really positive emails back and forth with the publisher, and it seems possible. I'm sure there are about 500 other people lining up for this as well but I happen to be really well suited for this particular position and I think she knows it.
Also, prospects are opening up around here. I've had a couple people suggest some really cool job openings here, for example a coordinator at the women's resource centre which I think I would love and is a part time, well paying job which is exactly what I would want if I stayed here. Also a couple other things. The thing is I have so many contacts after working here for a year. Good contacts. I might just stay. The other job doesn't pay very well, and it's isolated, again. Here I've got the beginnings of a life starting, and I think, if I hustled, I could do some cool work.
We'll see. I just gotta get through today without crying. I know I will. My boss is being really lame about all this, btw. Big surprise, eh? Really negative. Thanks! But, I can use her as a reference, so, that's good.
Have a Frickin' Awesome Friday Overs!!!!