Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Haris2014

thanks for all the comments... i am putting my inner doctor away.. i think i got stuck on that train of thought due to the fact i need to know whats happening inside.. incremental returns compared to days sober, something tangible i guess.

but i feel a whole lot better today... no pains anywhere, loads of energy, physical appearance not of a drunk but of a normal guy my age.
No urges at all, sat down for dinner last night with family and friends, people were drinking wine (not lots, couple of glasses each i guess) and i didn't think about it after about 20 mins of envy.

one thing drunk me was scared of was the personality change not drinking would inevitably have...would i still be up for a laugh, be able to stand up in front of people, lead the conversations etc...
what a load of toss the booze tells us to keep us under its spell...i had more fun last night, more in control of every aspect of the evening...and hell, people still laughed at my apawling jokes. i found myself more tolerant of people, easier to engage in conversation and my face hurts from smiling and laughing

so today is day 19... and i am starting to believe in myself. BIG party with friends tomorrow which i am really looking forward to... a week ago i was dreading it... but i got this!

good luck everyone and thanks for your nice comments and support, i hope i can help you soon like you are helping me