Old 02-04-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Applekat

"Applekat -- I read a lot. Like at least two books at a time and sometimes three or four. I have a pretty wide range of tastes in books. Right now I'm reading Born With Teeth, a memoir by actress Kate Mulgrew. It's just OK, not great. I think women or parents might get more of it than I am as a lot of it is focused on the pain/anguish she went through for years after giving up her first child for adoption. That's not something I can really identify with. I'm also reading Cormac McCarthy's first novel The Orchard Keeper. Just barely started it but so far it's good. I recently read the first Hannibal Lecter book Red Dragon and enjoyed it, so now I'm re-reading The Silence of the Lambs. I'm enjoying it but I remember it and the movie pretty well so I find myself skimming at times. What type of books do you like to read?"

Chinaski - I just got done reading The Martian, and am about to start a book called The Good Girl as recommended by a friend. I had a month long hospital stay before baby number 3 and got lots of reading in, I'll have to check the list of titles. Two by the author of Gone Girl. Room was a disturbingly intriguing book too - a movie now, with some noms!