View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
topspin

Vent away Mariah,.... losing a good pet has always been one of the toughest things for me. I had to swear off any more pets,....even though a lady dropped off my last two shelter dogs only a month after I lost mine. Was lucky to be able to place one of them after 12 years,...but lost the other to cancer.

Really miss the company, .....

Ever since my old tenants dog Oscar moved,...there's at least 5 cats around every day now. It's a safe expansive area for them , away from all the traffic next door at the condos. A few of them are finally letting me walk pretty close to them without scampering away.
Whenever I hear the pre fight routine gettin' cranked up, I go out there so they'll know it's a peaceful place . Cats never really .want to mix it up anyway,...sometimes their territorial instinct kicks in and they get carried away.

My buddy Danny is killing himself. This is the third time one of his binges has landed him in the hospital. I wonder if he even tells his Dr. about his alcohol abuse. The surgeons will sew his intestines back together after some time I guess. The whole thing is pretty gruesome ,.... he's young too, ....I think Mariah's age maybe.

I can hear myself at 82,.... " he was so,...oooooo young , only 74 !?! "