View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks Wolf!
I just realized that some kids won't understand that we had to wind our watches or our time keeping stopped. They've only seen electric watches. Today's watches keep better time than the $10,000.00 Rolex's and other luxury chronographs that used to be valued for their superior time keeping to other wind ups. I even have my Grandfather's old self winding Timex from the 60s. IT still works or as they said, "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Ticking watches and clocks are foreign to young kids too. Soon our children's grandkids will ask what they are holding and they will explain it is called a book, and then show them it is made of paper and glue and has string in the binding. Then they will ask why we were sitting just staring at it.

Drake,
Thanks I won't bud. I lost or had troops injured in the military to a stupid accident because I did not remove a much loved, but incompetent subordinate of mine I inherited as one of my NCOICs over them. Had one injury because I was too easy on a subordinate and did not punish for lack of protective eyewear that was supplied. Caught him twice and told him once more he would get a letter. Third time he lost his right eye. Now those were guilt trips for years. My thinking was already along the lines of Toots and only because we think alike in that area. I certainly did not keep in touch with the thousands of people I had as friends briefly along the way, and around the world. But also ready for the new ones. We don't socialize much because we have a lot of right wingnut evangelicals here and we just don't cotton to domestic terrorism like the Oregon standoffs, the Abortion clinic murders of medical personnel, or the torture beatings of minorities and hatreds we see here a lot of the time. The folks here are very intolerant and pressure all to conform. Lots of folks like that all over the world. But here, they are frightened because we have the Murdoch fear mongers coming at them from half of the media they watch and read, and they don't even know it is his yellow journalism touch behind it corrupting it all. Sorry but this ex Republican't, is now a registered Independent. Intelligence is a liability here. Science denials and crazy stuff is the norm for too many, and one would be bad enough. I feel like we are reliving Germany in the post world war I period: World War I: Aftermath

I am intolerant of intolerance, and want to include the non-inclusive.

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit out of control over things I cannot control anyway. I just pushed my belly button reset switch turned on my music and here Is what it is:

Rock on people, rock on.