View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP, I'm with Dee there, things happen for a reason, this is a chance for a new beginning. Take a little time to feel your feet, think about where you want to go next. I know it can be scary when someone else makes all the decisions regarding your fate, but also sometimes we need a little push out of a rut. Look at it as a new possibility. X

Itchy, hugs mate. like you, I don't make enough effort to maintain relationships, 'out of sight out of mind' tends to describe me. I imagine for the same reasons too. Moving about most of ones life, even with people we feel a deep instant connection to, we have learned to let go the emotional ties as we moved to save the hurt of them letting go of us first.

Of course in this day and age with social media and the likes of Skype, it is easier to maintain friendships, so those growing up now on the move may not feel the same need to sever and cauterise that I did ( preferring it to the slow dying however hard I nurtured).

I also firmly believe that people come into our lives at a particular time for a reason, and that there is sometimes a natural life span to that relationship.

All that apart, I feel so for you Itchy my friend. Your heart is hurting, so my heart hurts for you, because at this moment in time, when I need the support and wisdom of a long time sober friend, you are here to encourage and aid.
As ever my friend, PM if you want. (((Itchy)))