View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Kaneda8888

Congrats to some fantastic milestoners today ! Well done to all whether it be 1 week, 2 weeks or 2 years, they are all achievements which require commitment and effort, 24 hours at a time ! Gain satisfaction from this and move forward, together !

Well, I reflected more on yesterday's conundrum and I believe I knew the right thing to do all along. However, my self centredness reared up and blocked me from addressing the issue of anger and resentment I have towards my brother. When I reflected on this, I realise I was suffering from the delusion of ego and pride; that I was deflecting from reality in that I am no one special. By stepping away from the self and focusing on being of love and compassion to others, I know that by attending my mother's function I will make her happy; by attending I will have a chance to show compassion and equanimity towards my brother. As importantly, it brings relief to my mind and my heart as I know this is the right thing to do. When I reach the end of the road, I only wish to have loving memories of my family; no bitterness; no regrets; no anger. Rant over

Another 24 hours of gratitude, wisdom and sobriety pls ! Its 8:26am here !