View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Got offered the job

So, I had a final interview today with a financial advisory firm. The pay was only about 4K more than what I'm making now but I asked them for more and they raised their offer by another 3K per year. Grateful for small blessings because this will help my bottom line financially for now.

They are big on promoting within and the only reason they have an opening is because they just merged with another advisor and took in all of his book of business and they are struggling to manage the accounts and marketing, client meetings, etc. The office had a very professional but relaxed feel to it and I felt comfortable being there. They are interested in seeing me move into estate and trust planning for clients but for now, I will be learning their business and trying my hand at every position in the office to see where I'd like to fit in within the next 2 years.

The job will bring in another $550 a month in income. Not enough to keep me from digging into savings, but enough to help me get a handle on managing debt and I think it will be a step in the right direction. I am still praying about the job, but I think that I will be taking it.

I will also be saving about $100 a month in gas alone. Instead of driving 32 miles to the office, I will be driving 8. I will also get an hour of my day back because of the time saved from the commute. And, if I need to move into an apartment in the future, there are quite a few complexes between my house and the office to choose from.

I still can't believe that I have only been back to working for 6 months because it feels like I never left the job market, lol. Things are going well in life today and I am so grateful for everything that has come my way.