Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

I see so many familiar names...Jeni, JL, Virginia, kittycat...and of course applekat and Ladybug. Welcome to all, whether it's the first time around or the hundredth. I'm up there in the hundredth category. But all that matters is that we are here, trying again.
Day 17 for me, and at this point the days blend together, and the newness of it wears off a little. I have to admit, that reading about day ones an twos really is a good reminder and it quickly shuts my AV up. But it feels good to be doing the right things, and to not feel guilt and shame, or like I'm always hiding something.

I have been thinking a lot today about what leads to drinking again after some sober time. I guess that would be called a relapse, but I just don't like that word for some reason. Anyway, for me, it is usually preceded by allowing myself to consider it. In fact, I caught myself doing it today. I took the day off on Friday and will be alone all day (which I enjoy). BUT, I noticed my mind today start to drift into thinking of how I COULD drink if I wanted to. Kids would be at school, house to myself (rare occassion), nice weather, perfect "opportunity". Just enjoy drinking all by myself, just the way I like it.
NO WAY! I feel too good. I'm not starting over. And the idea of waking up Saturday morning and remembering that I blew it (again) is just not happening.
I am going to plan out my day to include lots of things I love, maybe even spoil myself a little. Just wanted to put all that out there!

Glad to see so many in this group already. Keep at it, this can really be "our" month!