View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
cloudyskies

Originally Posted by AnonWife View Post
Im sorry if I made confusion. Recently some of us were discussing our addicts, loved ones, treatments and various things and there were a couple reminders from the moderators with the limitations of this forum. Ive been trying to keep it in mind when I post not to deviate from the intent too far. The description says

Discuss coping tools, and learn basic recovery techniques for you, not the addict.

I assumed when you asked why people dont talk about addict behaviors, or begin speculating too far on what is going on with the other side its becauase we are supposed to focus more on how we cope, how we recover and tools we use for our healing.

Im not certain I have it right but this was my understanding. I didnt know this until it was noted by the mods. Sorry if my comment was confusing.

Understanding WHY something went south is part of the coping process. Anyone can say; get enough sleep; take long walks; sip herbal tea; think positively and let go and detach. SEEMS to me the whole point of this forum is for poor saps like myself who have been wronged by an addict to try and figure out why. And if you can't figure out why, at least take solace in people who have had similar experiences. What am I missing here?