View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Still struggling here. Absolutely no problem not drinking but just fed up of tiredness, no 'magic reward' ( life is still life, unsurprisingly ), but also starting to realise that a significant number of relationship conflicts remain - indeed seem to be amplified in the absence of me drinking. It is all very tiring .
Fradley - I so get this! It was my experience in early recovery too. I didn't feel well physically and my relationships were a mess. Honestly, I kept waiting to wake up feeling refreshed, or proud to be sober, like other people said they felt.

It never happened. I never had a magic reward moment.

Instead I worked a program of recovery. I developed emotional sobriety tools such as gratitude, acceptance, and humility. I read about spiritual concepts and discussed them with other alcoholics. It's been a long process, and far from linear, but this has transformed my life into something richer and more fulfilling than any magic reward I've ever sought.

Best thing I've ever done is put faith in my recovery and other alcoholics to craft a meaningful life.