View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
No you're not wrong, because as you well know, this behavior literally has nothing to do with wanting an actual relationship with your daughters. It is simply a tool for him to harass you and disrupt your life.
That's it.. exactly.

And to be completely honest, if he was calling and interested in their lives and ALSO being a jackass and interfering with my life, that I could deal with.

But his calls are upsetting to DD10 bc she seems how obvious it is that he has NO real interest in her, her day, her life... It's painfully awkward to hear her on the phone with him... She ends most calls rolling her eyes and storming off and cries, yells at me usually, then is ok...

Calls are on speaker phone per the kids therapist so I sometimes hear his end but usually just find another room to be in so that the girls are free to have their time talking to him...

The calls I have heard revolve around xAH rambling about his day, his interests, claiming he misses them and making false promises he never keeps...

The idea of asking them about their day or what they're interested in doesnt seem to concern him...

So, much like your post bimini, I worry that the calls are just further proof to the kids that he is not at all interested in their lives and that they'll have a lot of stuff to sort out thanks to him, later...

He moved far away several months ago and makes no real effort to see the kids, so these calls with hollow promises of visits and claims that he misses them just seem to be upsetting the kids more than anything and THAT is what's most upsetting to me...