View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Advice re: phone calls

My xAH is using the guise of calling the kids as a way to harass me... It is not new, but he had gotten bored with this game for a while and backed off...

Lately he's calling every night, on those nights he KNOWS the kids have late activities so he is calling at homework/dinner/baths/bed time and it is upsetting my older DD so much that she told her father off last week (politely but told him nonetheless that she did not want to talk to him and had to do her homework).

The result? He's calling MULTIPLE times a night, alleging I am not allowing the girls to speak to him blah blah blah.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this? It's overt manipulation/abuser game playing and I am at my ropes end with it.

It is hard enough juggling everything for my job and my kids schedules and then he makes it ALL about him 24:7...

In his mind, he has a "right" to speak at length with the kids nightly... THEY however, do NOT want that.

The calls are not about his wanting to connect with him.... it's about his trying to cause chaos and it is working...

Last week he demanded, on a night he knew they had a late game for sports, that they face time him when they got home. They both refused to do so and Ive been raged at bc of that by him ever since...

I just don't know what is normal anymore I guess...

It is not reasonable for him (in my mind) to make this demand of the kids nightly..

Am I wrong?