View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

On the Verge of the Big 100

Good Morning Everyone,

Tomorrow I will be 100 days sober! I am so excited. Things have been great when I am awake. Still having nightmares or intense dreams at night that are causing me to have pretty bad sleep patterns. I chalk this up to my AV realizing that it doesn't have a shot of winning when I am awake and it is trying to sway me by going through my sub-conscious. My friend who has also quit a few bad substances has suggested melatonin. That stuff kicks my butt so I am not sure. We will see. I'm hoping it just passes with time.

Yesterday, I was speaking to my wife and talking about how proud I am that I have been able to do so well. She mentioned that not only was she proud, but "everyone" was. This made me pause for a minute. I asked her "who is everyone?" She mentioned a number of her close female friends who had been her support system for all these years while I was drinking. All these people who were never really sure why she stayed with me have now been shown why. My wife always believed there was hope for me. She always believed that once I truly made the decision to quit, that I would be successful. Interesting turn of events now is one of her friend's husband is drinking non-stop, doesn't believe he has a problem, and it is possibly causing them to divorce. Now she is coming to my wife asking for advice on how "we" did it and if I would be willing to speak with her husband. That is a great feeling.

I want to thank everyone on this site for their continued support. I want to encourage anyone who is just starting out to be strong and stick with it. Life really is better sober.

We are all in this together!