View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good luck for today BeFree X

Amp, yeah, most of my old memories, even if they didn't centre on alcohol certainly involved it. It takes time for newer sober memories with the same people to overlay the drinking ones. It does happen. That said even in completely different situations AV can ambush us. ( let's face it the wee booger is just waiting to trip us face fist into a puddle of *
(* insert past favourite alcoholic beverage here!)

I guess like so many of you I thought that drinking was my problem. Nope. Drinking was my 30 year solution to all of my problems. So when I stopped I expected life to be great. Nope. My pre-existing problems just became clearer and suddenly I had to learn new ways of dealing with them.
Life is life. We have waded through it without making too much effort to make it what we want, we have just looked at it through beer goggles.
Now, sobering up, we need to pick and chose what aspects of our lives we like and what we want to change. It take time in recovery to decide what we want, time to figure what changes we want to make, and longer still to make those changes. We need patience and determination if we are to life life on our own terms.
You all have already made the biggest change, confronting head on that which has held you back for so long.

Oh Caramel, you had to join us when I am trying to cut back on candy??? Haha good to see a new face.

Take a moment to be proud of where you are, a day a week a month or a year into sobriety is an achievement for an alcoholic, so pat yourself on the back, smile at yourself in the mirror and say "I can do anything I want."

Have a good, safe, sober week all