View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hey everyone - just wanted to post a quick hi.

Winslow, way to go - 100 days! Woohoo! That would be (will be!) a first for me as well. Congrats!

Midton - good job getting back to the gym. You've got me thinking a little about bars. The last time I was at a bar was sometime in the fall drinking wine with a good male friend. He and I had a love of wine and I have to admit, sometimes I would arrange a night to see him just because I had a craving for wine and didn't want to drink alone. He recently texted me and said he'd love to see me sometime. I'm going to make a point to make it a coffee "date" rather than a bar date because I don't trust myself once I get in that environment. Maybe I'm lucky my life is so busy because I don't really have time to go out - and that's a good thing right now.

Grizzly, so glad you are enjoying time with your son. Spending time with my kids is something that makes me happy, too, and I'm much better Mom now that I'm fully there for them, not hungover, and on top of things. Having kids is something that led me to drink more when they were young, but is now something that helps make it easier not to drink. A bit ironic, but true. I have an alcohol free but kid filled household and it suits me well.

My alcoholic voice was quiet today after giving me a hard time the past two days. I was very tired, though. Worked hard (nearly 4 hours of work at home), ran on the treadmill, coordinated a nice playdate for my son with his best friend, and dealt with the contractor who was working at the house a bit. I'm hoping the project will be done by next weekend. I'm praying and hoping....

Tomorrow is Day 20 for me - I think I'll try to mention the numbers in tens as they come. I'm optimistic now. Good night all!

p.s. Finished Sober is the New Black. Not great, not terrible. I wouldn't classify it as a novel - more of an extended journal written by a woman who gave up drinking. I think she drank more than I did, but my hangovers were worse! Next book I'm going to read is going to be a good one - The Girl on the Train.