Old 01-31-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Odelle

I did have an episode last night that briefly brought the thought of smoking and drinking to mind. I have a rescue cat, looks a lot like avatar, who is sweet and docile. My adult daughter brought home a kitten nearly 3 years ago. I told her at that time that the kitten acted like it was feral, if not fully, at least partially. As she grew, she remained withdrawn and mean, to the point of growling and hissing at times.

I always hoped she would come around, and at times she does. She will approach you, sit in your lap and happily purr, when she wants.

Last night, she used her litter box and must have not used the Charmin, so she scooted across the floor, leaving skid marks. Okay, I cleaned that up easily. I knew cleaning her up was going to be a problem, so I took her into the bathroom with paper towels and closed the door. The fight was on! I only removed part of what was stuck in her fur when she turned into a Tasmanian Devil and sliced my hands up pretty bad. Ears back, growling and hissing; I had enough of this she devil. I grabbed a towel and threw it over her, grabbing her up I marched her to the front door, opened it, and let her go! Note: both cats are indoors only. Boy, a cigarette would have been the next thing I lit up, followed by a trip to the store for you know what!

Ten to fifteen minutes passed and I went out and called a couple of times, but it was dark and she didn't respond. Honestly, it would be such a relief to not have her in the house any longer, but I still felt guilty. Two hours later, when my husband came home, I confessed and he went out looking for her. She was hiding in a planter near the house so he brought her in.

We do have coyotes in our neighborhood, so being an indoor/outdoor cat is unrealistic. What would you do if you had a cat that you didn't like because she is so damn mean? I know taking her to an animal shelter will result in euthanasia due to her antisocial nature. Help, I don't know what to do with her!