Old 01-31-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Odelle

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Odelle, I meant to ask. Could you tell me what supplement has worked for you? I used to manage the wellness department of a health food store so I love going the natural route when possible. Last time I weaned off the Zoloft I tried 5Htp and Rhodiola with no success. Magnesium helps a bit and I know I need to take more D. I would love to hear what has helped you.
Sunflower, I do take magnesium in the evening, it also helps with sleep. I've been taking Rhodiola since January 1, one in the morning. It seems to help. What worked previously was SAM-E Complete, by NatureMade. I took it off and on for years with amazing results. Again, I only took one in the morning. I tried taking it again this past October, but I think I was too far gone into anger induced anxiety and depression, and I was looking for instant relief.

Google it, and talk to your doctor first. If you decide to try it, Costco has the best price, and if you aren't satisfied, you can return it, no questions asked.

I still have some SAM-E and may switch back after the Rhodiola is finished, the jury's still out on that for now, I am so calm now that I am already into day 6 of no caffeine or cigarettes and it's so easy that I am astonished!

I'm with you on the 5Htp, and St. John's Wort, neither did anything for me.

Hopefully, with continued sobriety, your body will recover to the point that you won't need to take anything! We've done a lot of damage to our bodies and it's going to take time to heal.