View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
VW I was absolutely terrified my first meeting just over 2 weeks ago. I didn't know anyone and I knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about AA. Walking in through those doors that Saturday night was one of the best decisions I've ever made and that is no exaggeration. The people there were warm, kind and so welcoming to me. I was an absolute mess. I sobbed the whole way through the 90 minutes. Couldn't get a word out, but that didn't matter.
To hear other people share their stories, and when you feel the love in that room, you will be hooked I'm sure. I've just re-read all of my old posts since I first joined Sober Recivery in December 2014 and I was literally posting every other day about relapsing, drinking, never drinking again, etc.... I just haven't been able to stay off the alcohol. Right now I'm only 3 weeks in, but something has changed in me. The meetings are keeping me going, as is this entire forum.
Surround yourself with a postive network of people who want to see you succeed in your sobriety. One day at a time Hun. Walk through those doors X
Right on! THINK POSITIVE - DRAW POSITIVE.