View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done on getting right back on the recovery pony Thumpa. You are right that sobriety takes backbone and commitment, and not one of us here hasn't decided to stop and then decided..." Well not quite yet..." The fact you were here in the first place means you know you have a problem, the fact you came back after a slip means you want help to manage it.

WWS sobriety in and of itself won't make everything in our lives right. It just allows us to see clearer the road ahead. It can take time to summon up the energy to make the effort to walk that road. I went through a grieving period in recovery and a 'well... I'm here, what now?..." period. Fact is life is just life,happy, sad, exciting dull, exhausting, exasperating, fulfilling. Learning to manage these mood and our expectations sober takes time. At least as you say, drinking is not an option. So take a minute to realise what you wrote there and excuse me but WOW that is a pretty huge forward stride in your thinking and coping. Be proud.

BeFree, we are here for you.

Be Safe Undies