Thread: 2nd DUI.....
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
JeffreyAK

Originally Posted by justinnn View Post
Well guys, just thought I'd give an update. Thanks for everyone commenting. MelindaFlowers, you hit the nail on the head. I do want to make drinking work. I enjoy it and everyone I know drinks. I just don't like the decisions I make when I have too many(which pretty much everytime I drink I have too many even on week nights...).

Anyway guys, I'm no longer all depressed and worried about this. I'm still scared of what's going to happen and potentially losing my job is a nightmare, but whatever happens happens. I just need to deal with it.

Biggest stress is trying to find a place to live that's close to work or has public transportation nearby. I actually got declined on an apartment a couple days ago and one of the reasons they gave me was because they suspected(and correctly suspected) that I recently got arrested for another DUI. I told them from the get go I had a DUI on my record and they said it was fine, but when they asked for my license I obviously don't have it and had to give them my temporary permit I was issued. They said there's no reason I would still be driving on that from a DUI in 2012 so obviously "there's more than one." Don't know why that matters though, I thought they were only looking for violent or drug crimes. I don't know.

Since my last post I've tried to stay sober, but relapsed twice. I went 4 days once then drank last Friday. Then didn't drink until a full week later... last night the temptations got me again . Now today I feel like **** and mad at myself for drinking. Totally wasn't worth it. It wasn't even fun. All I did was spend money to get high for a few hours and really didn't even enjoy it.

Still I'm proud of myself. Going 12 or so days and only drinking 2 nights... I probably haven't had that many sober days in the last 2 years combined. Hopefully I can stay strong this time... getting through Friday night seems to be an issue.

One last thing, I still haven't gone to AA. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I've never been to a meeting and have no idea what's it like. Could some of you shed some light on your experiences there?
Congrats on the week, that's a start! Honestly, just go check out a meeting, you'll be far from the first person to walk in kinda scared and uncertain what it's all going to be like, but you won't know until you go, and gathering experiences from other people just delays what you know you ought to do, which is go to a meeting. So just go to a meeting and see.