View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
growpath
learning to live

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
neonew is wonderful to see you, I'm using this technique "went any kind of bad though came to me, I tell it this it has not power, it has not feelings, it has not emotions." is not my idea I read it here as suggestion and it's working for me. I'm grateful for God guidance, I'm grateful for you guys, I'm grateful for AA, and it's members, I learn that step one (in AA)have 3 parts, it takes a long while for me to learn but now I get the first word "We". today I'm hangover free, because you give me the support and love, I'm no out of the woods, but I will keep fighting. 24 more for this optimist inactive alcoholic. Page 417 Acceptance A.A. Big Book – Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept my life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes
It's amazing to me that I have read these words every day this day since 2012 and how much more I understand or learn each time I read them. Growth. Thanks for sharing!!!!