Old 01-29-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
SandyO

Good to all and congratulations to those adding up their sober days. Today is the first day I've woken up refreshed in a week. I treated myself to a massage last night. I had to get out of the house. I'm on day 6. I haven't had cravings as such but do find myself wondering around the house trying to distract myself.
One I'm doing to be active in my recovery is pick up some extra work just to keep me busy. On my Monday my classes are cancelled so I can have the day off but still be paid. A week ago I would have thought great! Cancelled anything else I had on that day, stock up and drink myself stupid to about 3pm. Sleep, run to the shop to fill up any bottles before the hubby got home and start drinking with him again but only half a bottle because I'm "taking it easy tonight". What a stupidly insane life! How can I be capable of doing something like that? Anyway, instead of that plan I opted to join another teacher for the day. It is so important that I keep proactive. I've been doing this for a while and I know my triggers all too well. I can crush the ones in the foreseeable future to focus on the unexpected triggers.
Hope you all well today. For those struggling, I'm sure your struggles sober is not as bad as the struggles when or after drinking. Be positive and smile.
Take care