Old 01-28-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
griffyS1989

A little nudge from the HP?

20 days into my second go at sobriety. First time I had sixteen months. Blew it because I thought I had everything under control. What an illusion. Anyway, just wanted to share that I was truly tempted for the first time tonight to get stoned (my drug of choice is alcohol, but my partner smokes weed and it's been readily available) when I got home from work. Suddenly, a friend with whom I am rarely in contact texted me and was rather insistent about going out to dinner. I had planned to blow it off again tonight and get stoned, eat mac and cheese, and listen to depressing records. She basically forced me to go out and have Thai food with her. The conversation, food, laughter was a beautiful, miraculous distraction. A little nudge from the HP of my understanding? I feel much better now. I was going to call out to work tomorrow but she encouraged me not to. I would go to a meeting but the next one in my area isn't 'til midnight and I should really be getting to bed. I figured sharing here was appropriate and would be beneficial to myself and maybe another person struggling tonight.

I never thought I'd be counting days again. But, I guess it's just part of my story.

xo