Old 01-27-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
lisatryingagain

Hi Everyone. Welcome Haris, Proud Penguin, Kiki and Carrie and everyone else new.

Virginia Wolf I prefer long posts, so please don't apologise for long ones (all posts are great posts though).

Strong Bird thankyou for your honesty, truthfully a part of me feels like you do. Never is a long time, but then continuing in the same fashion as I have been isn't very appealing either. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Silly human thanks for the info on Buddhism, there is a place near me that does Tibetan meditation on a Fri night that I am keen to try too.

I had a good day at work today. My job is very stressful, but today was a good day. I am very aware that if I had drunk yesterday I would not have had the positive day today that I had. I am grateful for that.

When I get into bed each night I tell myself the things I did well that day. They are simple basic things. I read about it in the book Hardwiring Happiness I think (its a really good book). Anyway forcing myself to have positive conversations with myself sounds a bit dicky, but its helpful to me in quietening the unrelenting critic that wants to dominate my thoughts.