Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
SillyHuman

Today, I learned that we have a "zen center" in town that offers tea, chanting and sitting meditation everyday, at no charge. Since I am loving the mindfulness and Buddhist approach, I am very excited! It starts at 6:30 a.m. What a great way to start the day! Many times today, especially when I get frustrated, I silently repeat, "I take refuge in the Buddha, I take refuge in the Dharma, I take refuge in the Sangya." It has become my mantra.

This is the first time I have worked the steps without having to begin with a lie, or trying to fake myself out, which never worked. This is rigorously honest and real.

Smoking did not go great because my vape ran out of power. I bought a pack, but only had a few while it recharged. Now I am back on the pen, and tomorrow is another day. It feels really good to be looking forward to tomorrow. That is not something that ever happened when I was drinking or using!

Congrats to everyone who survived Australia Day. It sounds like the American Independence Day on steroids.

Hi new people and old friends. Hope everyone has a good and sober night/day.