View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Hello everyone,

I feel more than a little guilty that I haven't checked into SR for a long while. I just ran out of steam sometime before xmas and have been plodding along ever since.

Still sober and extremely grateful to have put all of my preconceptions and prejudices about AA to one side and hit a meeting in October.

I'm starting to realise just how sick I was, and the extent to which I was prepared to believe the lies I told myself.

Also my sobriety has removed a key element of the conflicts I have been involved with (wife, family, friends - even customers and suppliers) ... What remains however is another issue to be dealt with. I'm not sure I have the energy.

So I am still tired. And tired of being tired. Yet astonished that I could have got anything done at all when I was drinking.

And I'm not drinking now.

In fact I am beyond 'not drinking'. I am sober.

And ultimately, this is all that matters.

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I'm going to catch up in the next few days, and hopefully start reporting for duty again soon.

Stay well

Fradley
Fradley-
I'm so glad to hear that your doing well. I've been tired of being tired too. I think mine might be a little depression that makes me feel tired. I'm trying to exercise regularly and that is really helping. Have you been doing things to take care of yourself? If not, you might try to get some exercise in. I'm also taking a vitamin B complex and a little D. That seems to help too.
One thing I did notice today was that my thinking was getting pretty clear again! It was so fuzzy for awhile that I was worried that I hurt myself long term, but it's coming along. I also am so grateful not to have hangovers at least 4 times a week. Sobriety is sweet!!!!!