Old 01-25-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
SillyHuman

JL, sorry to hear about the sledding injuries. I hope you are healing up.

Benice, sorry to hear you are back on Day 1. I hope it is the last one for you!

Thump, sorry to hear about your hip. I used to feel so sorry for people who have chronic pain. Now I am one too. Growing older sucks.

Your post about oxy reminded me that I had a Xanax dream last night. In the dream, I was being prescribed them by a dentist, and knew I shouldn’t do it, but I took the bottle of pills with me. I’ve never been on Xanax in my life!

ChickChick, I love naps! I think it is wrong that only children get them. Everyone should siesta, IMO. The world would be a better place. Good job on using SMART.

Lulu, sorry to hear that the interview did not feel good. If you do not get this job, another will come along.

Dickenson, congrats on Day 14! Thanks for the quit smoking tip. I did pretty good today. Found a cig in the car and smoked it in about two minutes flat. LOL. I’m giving myself a break about it.

Jim, your brain will heal!

Odelle, thanks for the kind words and the link. Nicotine is a mean addiction, but my lungs already feel better just not smoking today. When spring comes, I really want to be able to breathe, to suck in all that fresh air and be able to smell the flowers. This fall, I planted a bunch of early-blooming bulbs, helter skelter, in our lawn. I cannot wait to see what they look like.

Lisa, congrats on Day 9. I am glad exercise is helping you feel better. I really want to join ya’ll on the exercise train. Maybe after a few more days letting my lungs recover. Today, I took my dogs for a nice, long walk. It felt really good.

Zeebs, congrats on Day 12. It seems to me that coming up on the two-week mark, a lot of people struggle. It does get better!

Gypsy, sorry to hear about your finger. I live in hunting country but have never done it. I think there is something honest and clean about it. Buying packaged meat from the store is too easy, and it just is not real to me that it used to be an animal. There is something wrong with that. Besides, venison is healthy, and the deer did not live in torture.

The noon meeting was excellent. I am hoping that the Alanon meeting is good too.

I bought a big ham bone from Honey Baked Ham this morning, a real treat. I made a nice pot of beans, and took the ham out to cool off so I could cut the meat off it. My dang dog stole it!

I owe my agnostica sponsor an email. She is really neat, from the UK but living in Denver. She’s a left-wing liberal, who loves to talk politics, and we share a couple other things: We both love to hate the Catholic church (the institution, not the people or the pope). We both think AA’s Big Book is deeply misogynist. On top of that, she has been married almost as long as I have. That’s cool. I am excited to work with her.

I got very little done in the house. I wish I could invite Nic over since she’s on a cleaning jag – LOL.

Keep it up, class! We are trudging the road to happy destiny.