Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
thequest

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I am paying his half of our joint student loans and that is something that will not go away as they're not dischargeable... I basically am paying for his multiple trips to grad school to figure out his life...

So, I can't find a way to pay his share of the credit card debt too (debt he ran up alone) so I guess I have no other option but to do this...

I had such good credit for so long and financial responsiblity was/is so important to me and so this upsets me so much
Joint student loans? Nothing is in his name at all? Tough call.

Although I know people whose credit rebounded fairly quick, especially if you keep paying the other stuff on time. I never had to declare but was always told when rebuilding your credit first thing to do is get a small department store type credit card and take 3-6 months to pay off a 100 dollar debt to show you can make payments on time.

For what's it worth I've seen people try to "help" people financially and the help they gave just prolonged bad habits. Paying his debts for him won't do you or him good. Some people need to be slapped in the face with reality. I hope they come after him for something & force him into bankruptcy.

Peace